[logback-dev] Logback 0.9.12 ?

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Wed Dec 3 23:20:55 CET 2008

Hi Joern,

I am missing the bug picture here. Assuming Lilith receives serialized
LoggingEvents, why do you need to transform the ThrowableProxy?
Moreover, for exceptions, you don't need to worry about performance. By
definition, exceptions are comparatively much rarer than vanilla log
statements.

I am guessing that you have your own implementation of ThrowableProxy
which is self-nested (on cause). It may be a little obtuse on my part
but why don't you implement your ThrowableProxy the way logback's
ThrowableProxy does? Is it to isolate Lilith from changes in logback?
I would expect logback's ThrowableProxy to be perfectly usable by a
GUI, and since we are talking about exceptions, performance should not
matter that much.