[logback-dev] svn commit: r2142 - logback/trunk/logback-classic/src/main/java/ch/qos/logback/classic/log4j

Ceki Gulcu ceki at qos.ch
Fri Feb 6 11:17:45 CET 2009

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen wrote:

Hello Thorbjørn ,

The XMLLayout in logback is intended as a bridge to log4j, so it should be as
compatible as possible with the code found in log4j. I was the author of
XMLLayout in log4j up until revision 309623. So to ensure closest compatibility,
I just took the original code in log4j for which I co-own the copyright.
However, I also looked at your code. Moreover, the code for outputting MDC data
(properties) was copied from your version. Those are the reasons for adding your
name as a co-author. It just seemed like the decent thing to do. If you are
still unconformable with that, please let me know.