[logback-dev] RFC: LoggingEvent redesign

Ralph Goers rgoers at apache.org
Tue Feb 24 01:15:58 CET 2009

I'm -1 on this recommendation. SLF4J and Logback require messages to
be Strings. I "cheat" in audit logging by passing a Map as one of the
parameters. Although the Map can be serialized and deserialized the
cost of doing that is very high when the Map is just being passed to a
local Appender.  FWIW - I'm planning on adding this Auditing
capability to XLogger in the near future.

Ralph