[logback-dev] RFC: LoggingEvent redesign

Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen ravn at runjva.com
Wed Feb 25 00:35:09 CET 2009

Joern Huxhorn skrev:
> Hi Ceki, Thorbjoern and Maarten,
>
> I'd like to encourage all of you to take a look at my LoggingEvent
> implementation at
I don't have an opinion on the refactoring, but I'd like for the socket
server to platform agnostic (as I mentioned earlier, but I am voicing it
louder now), i.e. that others than logback should be able to submit
events.  Hopefully such a mechanism exists that is comparable or -
hopefully - even faster than plain serialization so it is attractive to use.

If I understand correctly the default logback implementation is more
sensible to trouble than the one in LIlith.

Hence I suggest that instead of focusing on the technical refactoring
details we should discuss the "what to do" a bit first :)

I'll open a new thread for that...

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"