[logback-dev] What is the most efficient way - preferrably platform agnostic - to submit events from "the outside"?

Joern Huxhorn jhuxhorn at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 25 23:40:27 CET 2009

On 25.02.2009, at 15:33, Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:

> Joern Huxhorn skrev:
>> Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:
>>
>>> Jörn, perhaps you'd like to do a more complete writeup on what
>>> should
>>> be anticipated?
>>>

>> I'll try to write a comparison of the current SocketAppender behavior
>> vs. my multiplexer behavior but I can't do that right now, maybe this
>> evening...  Is that what you meant? Or rather some more info on the
>> Serializer/Deserializer concept?
>>
> I was thinking of some of the Oopses you have encountered in
> production environements and adapted to, which could be beneficial
> in the official logback implemetation.

Hi guys,

I tried to provide some explanations and background informations about
the way my multiplex appender is working.

http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/lilith/wiki/MultiplexAppenderBackground

Additionally, I collected some pitfalls of other appenders.

http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/lilith/wiki/AppenderPitfalls

I'm not sure if I succeeded in explaining the complexity of my
appender but I tried my best, for sure ;)

Joern.