[logback-dev] RFC: LoggingEvent redesign

Joern Huxhorn jhuxhorn at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 25 23:48:26 CET 2009

On 25.02.2009, at 19:33, Ceki Gulcu wrote:
> The SDOAware interface contains a single method:
>
> public interface SDOAware {
>  Serializable getSDO();
> }
>
> I would like to continue working until we arrive at a situation
> where LoggingEventSDO better insulated from changes in LoggingEvent
> or sub-components thereof. We are there not there yet. Revision 2170
> is just the first step in what I hope to be the right direction.
>
> Your comments are welcome.

It's not necessary for the SDO to implement Serializable. This is only
necessary if serialization using ObjectOutputStream is used as the
persistence method, and this should be an implementation detail hidden
from the API.

Beside that, DTO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Transfer_Object)
would probably be a better name since it is known to a wider audience.

Regards, Joern.