[logback-dev] What is the most efficient way - preferrably platform agnostic - to submit events from "the outside"?

Ralph Goers rgoers at apache.org
Mon Mar 2 17:54:28 CET 2009

On Mar 2, 2009, at 7:36 AM, Ceki Gulcu wrote:

> Hello Ralph,
>
> In a different context I would have completely agreed with you. In
> this case however, the service is already known. It's always assumed
> to be a variant of "send this logging event there," is it not?

Using what API? (The key here is "assumed to be a variant"). You can't
use SLF4J to send a LogEvent. Is there some internal Logback API that
would be exposed as a service? Is it part of a class that has other
services you wouldn't want to or can't expose?

Once you have agreement on what that Interface is then it makes sense
to discuss how to transport it.

Ralph