[logback-dev] any plans for using LMAX's Disruptor technology for asynchronous logging?

Brent yhbrent at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 06:19:14 CET 2014

Log4J2 is.  I recently stumbled across this link
    http://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/async.html
where they claim spectacular results.  In particular, Log4J2's AsyncLogger blows away Logback's AsyncAppender.

It looks like several people have done their own experiments to have Logback use Disruptors for aynchronous logging.  For example:
    https://github.com/reactor/reactor/tree/master/reactor-logback
And this guy posted his results on Logback's user email list:
    http://mailman.qos.ch/pipermail/logback-user/2013-August/004201.html

I would like to know if there are any official plans to incorporate LMAX's Disruptor (or some equivalent) technology in Logback.  I searched this list, and could find no discussion.

From my perspective, this is critical: fast asynchronous logging is of extreme importance for my current employer, and I bet many other people too.