[logback-dev] A smart SMTPAppender

Harinatarajan Gnanashekaran hari.natraj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 22:08:38 UTC 2016

Thanks Ceki. I had a look at the EventEvaluator interface and it does ease
my work a lot.

* I would like to set the footer to the exception with the summary(like the
number of times an exception has occurred). I am not sure what the right
place to add this logic.
I am not sure if I need to override
ch.qos.logback.core.net.SMTPAppenderBase#append or is there an easier way
to acheive the same.

* Also, I would like to configure the time after which duplicate
errors/exceptions are reported again. What is the recommended approach to
put in the configuration details and best way to read it in the
eventEvaluator? In the worst case scenario, I can always use a properties
reader.

Thanks,
Hari