[logback-dev] suggestion/feature request: tell us *why* it is outputting configuration info

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 16:25:47 CET 2019

As a note, many of us have run into this behavior:
we use logback, it works great.
Then we add something, suddenly logback is outputting a lot of
"configuration" information and it's not clear why.
ex: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3257154/how-to-prevent-logback-from-outputting-its-own-status-at-the-start-of-every-log

Suggestion/feature request:
if logback outputs configuration information because of a
configuration problem (for instance, if we have debug set to false
already), add a line at the top of the output 'loopback: outputting
debug information because configuration issue detected" or something
like that.  Would help clear up confusion at least in my case.
Thank you!
-Roger-