[logback-user] TimeBasedRollingPolicy and SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy

yigit darcin ydarcin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 16:33:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have created a folder based logging system as the logs are created in the
file system as :

logs/2009/07/12/log.txt

with this FileNamePattern: logs/%d{yyyy/MM/dd/}log.txt

I am running in Prudent mode = true by the way.

What I want to add is SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy for this logs, so I add the
following:

<triggeringPolicy
            class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy">
            <MaxFileSize>3MB</MaxFileSize>
        </triggeringPolicy>

but this is not affecting the current log file,

how can achieve this  SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy inside
TimeBasedRollingPolicy ?

Thanks and Regards,

Yigit