[logback-user] SLF4J in OSGi ?

John Shooab jshooab at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 03:53:30 CEST 2013

Hi,

In our company we develop OSGi based applications and use LogService to
logging. We use a Log Reader service that writes the logging of all
bundles to a group of files.

But there are some coworkers that vote to use SLF4J and Logback in a new
application because it has a interface with more intuitive methods. but
I'm reluctant. I don't see with good yes the use of the static factory
method in OSGi.

I would appreciate if anyone using Logback on OSGi share any experience
and point any advantage of its use instead of the LogService.

thanks a lot,

John