[logback-user] [Sifting Appender ] Programmatically

Stuart Rossiter stuart.p.rossiter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 14:18:27 CET 2013

M. MychaL <mychal.13 at ...> writes:

> Plz, need help on this subject....Is it possible to attach the fileappender to
> the siftingappender exactly as in XML configuration ?Thank you.

Without having done this, I presume that you need to set up an AppenderFactory
(via setAppenderFactory), since that is what will dynamically create the
appenders.

It might be useful if you said why you were trying to do this though. If you're
just using MDC discrimination, why not do it in the config file?

Stuart