[logback-user] Createing a java.util.Logger compatible object that logs to SFL4J?

Christian Hammers ch at lathspell.de
Fri May 9 13:42:20 CEST 2014

Hello

Sometimes I encounter methods that accept a java.util.logging.Logger parameter
with which one could customize the logging output.

For example the debug facility of the Java EE7 REST implementations:

   import org.glassfish.jersey.filter.LoggingFilter;
   new LoggingFilter(java.util.logging.Logger.getLogger("my.rest.trace"), true));

Now I'm looking for a fake Logger that maybe extends java.util.logging.Logger
but then really logs to SLF4J.

In the above example only the info() method is actually used so I could
write one myself but maybe somebody else has done the work?

I already know about jul-to-slf4j but I don't want to redirect all JUL
messages to log4j.

tschüss,

-christian-