[slf4j-user] HELP:Programatically setting the log levels?

Boris Unckel boris.unckel.mlg at gmx.net
Tue Feb 20 08:32:08 CET 2007

Hello Setu,

Setumadhav Kulkarni wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I want to set the log levels for various loggers as my program is
> executing using slf4j.
>

> Can anyone please help me with this?

SLF4J is just a wrapper not a full logging implementation. You can just
configure the underlying full logging API
programatically or by properties.
It is even not the intention of SLF4J to have a possibility to
manage/wrap half a dozens of configuration APIs of different loggers.
This feature is neither missing nor a bug.

Other wrapper APIs like Apache Jakarta Commons Logging (JCL) do not have
this feature, too.

Which underlying log API do you plan to use?

Regards
Boris