[slf4j-user] HELP:Programatically setting the log levels?

Setumadhav Kulkarni sekulkar at tibco.com
Tue Feb 20 08:34:30 CET 2007

Thanks Boris,
I shall use the underlying log4j impl.

Thanks and Regards,
Setu
-----------------------------------
setu at tibco.com
off: +91.20.30212111
mob: +91.9960692038

-----Original Message-----
From: user-bounces at slf4j.org <user-bounces at slf4j.org>
To: User list for the slf4j project <user at slf4j.org>
Sent: Mon Feb 19 23:32:08 2007
Subject: Re: [slf4j-user] HELP:Programatically setting the log levels?

Hello Setu,

Setumadhav Kulkarni wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I want to set the log levels for various loggers as my program is
> executing using slf4j.
>

> Can anyone please help me with this?

SLF4J is just a wrapper not a full logging implementation. You can just
configure the underlying full logging API
programatically or by properties.
It is even not the intention of SLF4J to have a possibility to
manage/wrap half a dozens of configuration APIs of different loggers.
This feature is neither missing nor a bug.

Other wrapper APIs like Apache Jakarta Commons Logging (JCL) do not have
this feature, too.

Which underlying log API do you plan to use?

Regards
Boris