[slf4j-user] SLF4JBridgeHandler Dropping Messages on the floor from NetBeans TopLogging

Dan Lewis cynic783 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 23:54:54 CEST 2009

We are using the JUL to SLF4J bridge, and NetBeans' TopLogging class, line
781, is logging a record to JUL with a null message and non-null Throwable.
SLF4JBridgeHandler drops the message on the floor at line 249.  I patched my
local copy to simply remove lines 245->250.

According to the JUL javadocs java.util.logging.LogRecord constructor, line
122, the message may be null.  So I don't think NetBeans is in the wrong
here.

So, suggestion to the developers to remove lines 245-250 in
SLF4JBridgeHandler.java.  Works fine for me.

Dan