[logback-user] Approaches to implement RFC5424 structured data support

Ralph Goers rgoers at apache.org
Mon Jun 18 18:53:34 CEST 2012

As you noted this subject has come up before. It was one of the things that ultimately motivated me to go off and create Log4j 2.  I abandoned the fork at Github when it became clear that there wasn't going to be a good resolution to the issue.

I'm not sure what value the second link has. I've gotten RFC 5424 to work with several systems including Splunk, rsyslog and syslog-ng.  FWIW, my use case is Apache Log4j 2 Flume Appender -> Apache Flume -> Apache Cassandra.  What is interesting here is that while RFC 5424 isn't strictly necessary for Flume integration, structured data is, at least for what we are using it for.

Ralph