[slf4j-dev] what are we here for?

Ceki Gülcü blocked at qos.ch
Sun May 1 19:38:55 CEST 2005

OK. Here is a shot. (An adaptation of the slf4j.org welcome page)

Mission:

  The mission of the Simple Logging Facade for Java or (SLF4J) project
  is to provide a facade for various logging APIs allowing the
  end-user to plug in the desired implementation at deployment time.

Notice that I have removed the word simple. So instead of "to provide
a *simple* facade for", the above paragraph reads "to provide a facade
for..."

IMO, the adjectives "simple" and "reliable" are two good candidates for
the requirements part.