[slf4j-dev] svn commit: r1328 - in slf4j/trunk/slf4j-ext/src: main/java/org/slf4j/ext test/java/org/slf4j/dummyExt

Ralph Goers rgoers at apache.org
Thu Apr 23 21:55:48 CEST 2009

On Apr 23, 2009, at 12:36 PM, Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen wrote:

> Ralph Goers skrev:
>>

>> Unfortunately, I use IntelliJ. Presumably SLF4J could just use the
>> checkstyle plugin and then I could verify it before committing.
>> Setting up checkstyle for a multi module project is a bit tricky,
>> but I've
> I don't mind a few extra commits.
>
> If you can use Eclipse on your platform (it is just a zipfile) and
> if I document step-by-step how to extract slf4j from subversion and
> create a Eclipse workspace with that, so you can see the errors,
> would that be a reasonable approach?   The Eclipse compiler locates
> a lot more than the stock javac.

I'm certainly willing to give it a try. I've been exposed to the
Eclipse IDE from time to time as the Maven guys I collaborate with
have worked on some good plugins. Despite that I still prefer
IntelliJ. But if these are just checkstyle errors then we should
configure the Maven build to report them.

Ralph