[logback-user] About FileAppender in Logback

Hasan.Birol at ing.com.tr Hasan.Birol at ing.com.tr
Fri Nov 1 08:27:09 CET 2019

I also used like this way. At the end of the thread, I expect that the file will be done and renamed.
I write custom policy which is named EndEventTriggeringPolicy to open file, and read line by line that file will be done.
If I debug the code, it is OK (beacuse of invocationGate.isTooSoon) . In fact, i catch the end .
Non debug mode is ,really , embarrassing. Appender wouldn’t be finished :/ Maybe 1 sec later, or 5 sec later ..

The code which I mention ..

“if (this.invocationGate.isTooSoon(now)) {
            return false;
        }
“

So, thread could be finished but, appender couldnt be finished..

Thanks..

<appender name="SIFT" class="CUSTOM….ShiftingAppender">
    <discriminator>
        <key>fileLocation</key>
        <defaultValue>${user.home}\start.log</defaultValue>
    </discriminator>
    <sift>
        <appender name="FILE-${fileLocation}" class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
            <file>${fileLocation}</file>
            <append>false</append>
            <encoder>
                <pattern>%msg%n</pattern>
            </encoder>
            <rollingPolicy
                    class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.FixedWindowRollingPolicy">
                <fileNamePattern>${fileLocation}(%i).xml</fileNamePattern>
                <MinIndex>1</MinIndex>
                <MaxIndex>2</MaxIndex>
            </rollingPolicy>
            <triggeringPolicy
                    class="com.XXXXXX.EndEventTriggeringPolicy">
            </triggeringPolicy>

        </appender>